Saturday, July 24, 2010

Monologues of a Manager

My budget planning starts with allocating funds for tissue boxes, stationary and if I am any lucky I can throw in a team lunch.

Ah! My large tissue box is needs a refill, after all I don’t want tears create flash-flood at my desk. Some time I wonder that I should retire and start a baby sitter services at-least babies are cute and only time they cry is when they need to refill their tummies or replace their loaded diapers.

Life in bureaucracy is, if you are not interested to solve problem … throw the rule book at problem. You can practically live happy life pointing problems at everyone around you, right from the janitor to the CEO. Studying the rule book well is the key to Work-Life Balance.

Another day of squeeze. I wonder what was the moron thinking while hiring this herd of cattle and now want me to be the butcher.

I wonder if salve trading runs in my blood. I have these dreams of me standing on a large piece of rock, whipping the laborers to my sadistic pleasure and for what … building a glorified burial grave for the king. I got it … the king wants to infuse the economy by planning his own death.

Sometime I get nightmares of my early life, I use to be skinny 60 kg no flab worker, when I use to do produce real things, spending long hours at work, skipping my lunch, sacrificing social life. Then I wake up startled with a sweaty face, I have to drown myself with two shots of whiskey before I can go back and dream about counting my possessions.

Next technology investment in my company, I plan to plant bugs at everyone’s desk, the lobby area, smoking area, water cooler, elevator, rest room … ok rest rooms might be a little over-zealous. I am sure this information gathering exercise would generate lots of "Business" intelligence.

Wow! look at the diversity targets going upwards and proportional increase in insurance coverage for any litigation.

Had been to a people management seminar conducted by a Tantric Baba, itching to implement his theory: Deny any sense of self control to individuals or create that illusion and it will make them follow you like superstitious zombies.

I feel like a superstar of my aisle, throw tantrum, demand attention , grab credit for everything and throw some Zen crap around. No paparazzi please.

THINK, OK now erase it, START … TURN … Do as told … STOP and do it again, Tired? Retire

OK I think my bull-crap is no more digestible at work, time to pad my resume and look for another employer.

No comments: