Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Mid-Day, Mumbai on the Move .... Part II
--------------------------------------------------

This second post is coming after a gap of 3 days. I had been kept busy at work. So friends here is my next post:


You skip few pages to their business/economic market section, you would be amazed to see how they use Zero, just like I use words – random and un-thoughtful. I recall one report that claimed that IT Professionals with 10-12 years of experience earn something like 3-3.5 million INR in India. 3 million???? When I showed this article to my boss, he hurriedly asked me to come back later. Next, I saw him going into my super-boss’s cabin. Since that day both of them have gone missing. Forget 3 million, now I am working double time to compensate the vacuum created by the dynamic duo and our ultra-super boss have made sure that our Network engineer has blocked access to the online edition of this newspaper, in-fact he is now working with Google to have an special edition for our organization which would filter all search results listing salary survey’s and job sites. I am planning to migrate to China.

Some other time in past they had quoted the US Dollars to Indian Rupee exchange rate at such a value, that many of my colleagues felt a surge of pain in their heart, luckily we had one sensible person among us, who pointed us that we were looking at this Economic Times, a Fin-Fi (Financial Fiction) Daily. Fin-Fi ... that’s a new category of literature they have created. Last I heard, Amratya Sen and Chidambaran have taken this art seriously and working on their new "Book" due to be realized by March next year.

Text Moved out **

** I have moved some text out from here, I think it was too strong (and/or offensive), I will be posting it as another post after I am done posting this entire script.

.......... To be continued

No comments: